This site uses cookies to provide a better experience. Continuing navigation accept the use of cookies by us OK

Changing the Italian Comune of AIRE


Changing the Italian Comune of AIRE

It is possible for an Italian citizen to change the Comune where he/she is registered in AIRE by written request, only if:

- the citizen has a spouse and/or children eit,her registered in the AIRE of that Comune OR
- the citizen has a spouse and/or children who are residents in Italy in that Comune.

Other reasons for changing the Comune of AIRE registration are NOT permitted. Requests submitted for reasons other than those listed above (typically following the purchase of a house or property in Italy in a Comune other than that of current AIRE registration) do not satisfy the current requirements and will be not accepted by the Comune.

Those who meet the legal requirements must forward to the Consulate General of Italy in Jerusalem the appropriate form, explaining the reasons for the request of the change, attaching an identity document with the signature of the applicant.

The Comune in Italy will confirm by letter the change of AIRE.